We at Clean Green Biosystems have developed a noval technology of extracting highly bio available phytochemicals from fresh herbs, fresh fruits and fresh vegetables. This extraction system is the outcome of 15 years of intense research.
1. To produce highly bioavailable phytochemicals/phytopharma ingredients from fresh herbs.
2. To produce highly bioavailable phytonutrients from fruits and vegetables.
3. To produce highly bioavailable fruit and vegetable juices.
4. To produce highly bioavailable natural colours from fruits and vegetables.
Clean Green Biosystems has proven hydrodynamic processing for the following fresh herbs, fresh vegetables and fresh fruits.
|FRESH HERBS||FRESH VEGETABLES||FRESH FRUITS|
Fresh plant materials (herbs, fruits and vegetables) cell fragmentation under intense hydrodynamic shear force releases bioactive compounds from the plant cells, because of the epidermis breaking, cuticle disintegration and membrane disintegration. The bioactive compounds in the plant cells are released and dissolved into a aqueous phase. Cell disruption is a sensitive process, and control of the cell disruption is required, to avoid uncontrolled release of cell debris or product denaturation. Hydrodynamic force is a well-controllable means for cell disintegration. It provides faster and more complete release of bio active compounds into a aqueous media, improves the mass transfer. Hydrodynamic shear waves disrupt cell walls and releases a full spectrum matrix of compounds. As the fluid waves breaks the cell wall mechanically by the shear forces, it facilitates the transfer from the cell into the solvent. Particle size reduction also increases the surface area in contact between the solid and the liquid. The solvent can enter the cell transporting essential oils and bioactive compounds from the cell interior into the surrounding solvent. This enables to produce high-potency extracts, with the highest contents of phenols, flavonoids, non-flavonoids, carotenoids, terpenoids, phytosterols, etc. In an engineering sense, hydrodynamic shear force can be manipulated, as a control parameter, to enhance the extraction process.
Bioavailability is an extremely important concept in pharmacology. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines it as: the degree and rate at which a substance (as a drug) is absorbed into a living system or is made available at the site of physiological activity. In order for a medicine to work, it has to reach its intended destination.
The bio availability of many of the herbal extracts, nutraceuticals and fruit juices are the range of 10-35%. This poor bio availability results in poor pharmacological activity which requires high and repetitive dosages
This current process produces a highly bio available phytochemicals /phytonutrients extraction will produce a full spectrum extracts.
Hydyne is Innovative new hydrodynamic extraction system that uses the entire fresh plant materials to preserve all the unique phytochemicals and phytonutrients compounds in a full spectrum/broad spectrum extract.
• The system is the first of its kind to be able to use whole, freshly harvested plant materials.
• Concentrates can preserve the full phytochemicals/phytonutrients profile, unlike many other systems where they are compromised or even lost.
• The Hydyne system uses a unique pre-processing step. By freezing the plant material before processing, the molecules retain their aromatic compounds and have a stronger scent.
• Intrinsic heat generated by the hydrodynamic extraction normally activates the inactive phytochemicals /phytonutrients precursors.
• Our proprietary technologies and procedures are designed to optimize the extraction of active phytochemicals/phytonutrients from different herbs, fruits and vegetables, maximizing yield and creating higher bioavailability, by converting the plant materials into nano emulsions.
• Integrated modules include: biomass preparation, emulsion making, separation and isolation of phytochemicals/phytonutrients, extraction using a suitable solvent/solvent mixture, and evaporating the solvent and drying.
• Hydrodynamic technology converts fresh plant material into nano-emulsions.
• Uses a liquid-liquid extraction system, using food-grade/pharmaceutical solvents.
• Able to distill the majority of solvents in the distillation system, using both a proprietary molecular distillation process in our commercial-grade systems, and a low temperature, short contact distillation path in our smaller scale systems.
• Creates between 15-25% waste solids from plant material, which are converted into bio-compost that can be recycled into soil/substrate or farming manure, creating a closed loop system.
Clean Green Biosystems has developed, installed and commissioned a large number of commercial hydrodynamic system for extracting phytochemicals from fresh plant materials, which include fresh teal leaves (20 MT/day), fresh cannabis materials (100 kgs/hour) and fresh tomato (5 MT/day).
The high shear and the ultrasonic sound creates a nanoemulsion of fresh plant materials
Below is a commercial hydrodynamic system supplied by Clean Green Biosystems.
Clean Green Biosystems has done few experiments on the basis of clients’ requirements and successfully achieved the target of producing a significant percentage of nano particles in the emulsion. This is customized using solvent systems instead of an aqueous medium in the emulsification process.